Version 22.214.171.124 (24 May 2017)
Improved ability to deal with large databases
Fixes bug which limited database backups to 5,000 records per table !
Migrated to OCMOD installation
Backup, Restore or “Clone” Your Store
We all know it’s really important to keep an up to date backup of our important files, but it’s one of those things that keep getting left until “tomorrow” because we’re busy with other things. Until the day that disaster happens and your hosting provider hasn’t taken adequate backups for you . . .
Now you can easily set a schedule for your database to be backed up and emailed to you without ever having to worry about it again.
- Backups: Database Only, Images, Themes and VQmods, Whole Store (including database)
- Option to save database as a .zip file or .sql (both methods can be restored via the interface)
- Schedule Opencart to automatically backup your database and email it to you (cURL required)
- Option for scheduled backup to be triggered by Cron or site visitors
- “Clone” your store and copy it to a new location
- Automatically detects “cloned” store and provides option to restore “cloned” database
- Script optimised to reduce out of memory and timeout errors.
Setting up a Cron Job is probably the best way to schedule your backup, but this can be tricky if you don’t know what you’re doing. Backup Pro provides the option of using site visitors to trigger your backup. Each time someone visits your site, whether it be admin or a customer, Opencart will check if a backup is due. If it is, the appropriate script will be run quietly in the background – your visitor will know nothing about it. In the meantime, your backed up database will be sent to the email address of your choice.
“Clone” Your Store
Creating a copy of your store and putting it in a different location couldn’t be simpler. Full instructions are included with the download
Watch the video here.
If you require Backup Pro for Opencart 1.5.x go here.
Free Backup Pro Compatibility Checker
Important: This extension makes use of the PHP Ziparchive library and CURL function that is included in many, but not all server installations. If in doubt, please check with your hosting provider that these are enabled on your server. For very large installations (2Gb and more), it is recommended that your server has ‘exec()’ enabled and the ‘TAR’ utility is installed